The HERE Point Addresses database is a mappable file of over 270 million points in 65 countries. This addition to HERE maps content can deliver point locations for properties with information about your best access route to that parcel.
In general, Point Addressing uses a point that’s adjusted to the road itself to provide a precise address location to get you right to the door, with optimal arrival accuracy. Destination and routing details can give your team a detailed set of instructions, even including the location and side of the street for the arrival link of any covered property.
HERE uses multiple references and datasets to determine and automatically generate directions to each address, then checks them against available databases. When possible, additional information such as the building name or description is added to the data file and delivered to your dispatch or driver.
In countries where non-sequential numbering is used or where address ranges do not exist, this product resolves non-standard addressing issues and delivers context to help your drivers get to their destination with minimal hassle.
HERE Point Addresses Uses and Data Features
Businesses all over the world use the HERE Point Address Platform to generate maps, verify information and perform mission-critical tasks for the services they provide and the people they support. Many of the common uses of Navmart for customers include:
- Address standardization and verification
- Data visualization across multiple dashboards
- Navigation, directions and internet-based mapping
- Precise geocoding and routing
- Emergency preparedness and pre-staging of assets
- Risk assessment and response preparation
To power this wide range of services, HERE Point Addresses provides a broad set of detailed data for each location and potential address. By combining this with other HERE Maps data and street information, enterprises and municipalities can have all the route data they need to properly respond to an event or provide their service.
Core features of the Point Address data from HERE include:
- Road Adjusted Point Information: In the standard offering, we publish a “point” address based on the center of the parcel, but moved to be near the road based on known access points.
- Point Suppression: To address concerns with database size in the United States, we are suppressing select points to offer improved performance on the most beneficial road segments, such as longer road segments. All data can be delivered to customers as a special delivery for an additional cost.
- Micro Point Addressing: Navmart further complements HERE Point Addressing by providing additional location information within buildings, such as Building Unit Name, Floor Name, Level Number and Suite Numbers, when it is associated with the point address of the building. Micro Point Addressing is available in the USA and Bulgaria only.
- Aligns with HERE Map Content (formerly HERE NAVSTREETS).
- Coverage exists for more than 270 million points in 65 countries.
- Data provisions are available in Esri Shapefile and MapInfo TAB file formats.
Get Started With HERE Point Addresses
To learn more about licensing, maintenance and update cycles, particular coverage areas or to get started with HERE Point Addresses, reach out to our HERE Experts through our contact page or by calling us directly at 844.440.1630.
For further reading and information, you can also see these pages to understand the data HERE uses and other functions and capabilities of the system:
HERE Map Content
Countries Covered by HERE Point Addresses API
The HERE API allows you to pull in and automatically use point address data from 48 different countries so you can create a variety of robust, custom applications and services with its Map Tile offering. According to the HERE developer page, the countries supported by the API are:
|Azerbaijan||Belgium||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|New Zealand||United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland||United States of America|
|Portugal||Puerto Rico||Republic of Moldova|